A European funded (Horizon 2020) research project (Grant Agreement n° n°101004949)
Research Activity Title:
Ancient Greek Drama and Theatre Values Across Space and Time
Research Activity Organiser:
, Professor Emeritus, Department of Primary Education/NKUA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For any query regarding your personal data, your rights (access, information, edit, deletion, rectification, portability and further privacy issues you may contact with the designated Data Protection Officer Mr Alexandros Nousias (email@example.com) at all times.
Things I need to know
- Purpose of research:
- To track, identify and study how european core values (such as freedom, democracy, human dignity, human rights, etc.) have been transformed across space and time
- To track, identify and study how values are communicated and perceived by audiences through different texts (ancient drama, tragedy-comedy, but also other types of works, such as fairy tales, scientific texts of the 17th century)
- To highlight the way in which these values are perceived by the spectator of a theatre performance or reader in modern times
- To track, identify and study how these values are perceived by both the specialist and the general public through relevant projects such as the present one
- To share the data and overall material collected via the VAST repository
- Research Activity Description: Public research, both specialized and non-specialized, on the values of Ancient Greek Drama and Theatre and the special subject of the way of their reception through performance. The survey is addressed to the following categories: α) Directors, b) Artists (Actors - Set designers - Costume designers etc.), c) Translators, d) Theatre Critics, e) Policy makers, f) Audience. The selection is made according to demographic (men/women, Greeks/foreigners) and qualitative (newcomers/established) criteria. Specifically:
- a questionnaire will be sent to you and you will be kindly requested to fill in it
- a number of participants per category will then be selected and invited to be interviewed
- participants will submit the questionnaires named solely for the purpose of further communication for the completion of the survey. No other processing of personal data will take place hereunder for any other purpose.
- the processing of the questionnaires will be exclusively for scientific use in the context of the survey
- What kind of information/data will you provide?
- Personal data: By registering to the research activity you will be asked to provide: a) Name; b) email address; c) occupation (e.g. director);
- Image data:By participating in the research activity you may be asked, subject to prior selection, to participate in a video recorded interview.
- Feedback in named or anonymised format: By participating in the research activity you will be asked to provide your feedback to the shared research content in either named or anonymous fashion, whatever you prefer.
- Why is my information/data processed?
- Personal data: The Research Activity Organizer collects, stores and processes this personal data to the extent necessary and solely for communication purposes.
- Image data: For material generation, communication and distribution purposes.
- Feedback in either named or anonymised format: To deliver the research activity purposes as decribed above.
- Voluntary Participation: Your participation is on a voluntarily basis.
- Consent Withdrawal:
- Participation: You may revoke my consent regarding my participation at any time for any reason.
- Personal data processing: You may revoke my consent regarding the processing of my personal data at any time for any reason.
- Image data:You understand that you may be restricted from withdrawing the present consent or claiming the deletion of your image data, from the generated content (see above section 4.2) as this may not be technically feasible.
- Feedback in anonymised format: I understand that I may be restricted from withdrawing the present consent or claiming the deletion of the feedback in anonymized format I provide, from the generated content as this may not be technically feasible.
- Risks: By participating in this research you may reveal opinions, beliefs, perceptions or preferences.
- Benefits: There are no direct benefits for participating in this research activity. By participating however you are valuably contributing to the research activity content generation and you acquire a solid understanding on the development and importance of values across space and time.
- Third parties: VAST wiill share your named or anonymous feedback via the VAST repository.
- Personal data: For three (3) years stored at the Art & Speech Laboratory of the Department of Primary Education of the National Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA) and will not be accessible to third parties.
- Image data: Your image data will be freely available as part of the research generated content, shared via the VAST digital repository, the National Center for Scientific Research 'Demokritos' youtube and social media channel, as well as any other technical means available for unlimited period of time.
- Feedback in named or anonymised format: Your feedback will be freely available via the VAST digital repository any other technical means available for unlimited period of time.
Having received explicit information regarding the objectives and format of the research activity that will be rolled out in years 2022, 2023 in the context of the VAST project,
I hereby confirm that: